Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Chapter Ten: Sir Gawain



Alys left the castle in order to take a walk around Arkovia. She did this from time to time in order to clear her head. While walking she ran into King Frgo, the former frog prince she and her court physician, Laurel, had freed from his reptile cage.
"Whither your Majesty," Frgo said, flashing a smile Alys' way.
"What is your real name anyway?" Alys laughed. "It certainly isn't Frgo."
"It's Gawain." He certainly didn't croak like a frog. His voice was a deep, rich baritone. He had long, straight blond hair that he kept tied in a low ponytail and dark blue eyes. Alys had to admit he was handsome. "Would you mind taking a walk?"



Alys and Gawain walked the winding pathways through the township toward the castle. "Where are your parents?" Gawain asked.
"They're dead." Alys answered in a matter-of-fact way. "My mother died the day I was born. I never knew her."
"That had to be hard."
"All I heard growing up were stories about how much of a proper lady she was, the kind of woman I'll never be."
"Oh, stop it," Gawain laughed, "you are woman enough for me." Alys blushed a deep crimson, the color of her cheeks contrasting with her pale face.



"Gawain," Alys began, "I -- I need your help."
"Hmm?" Gawain perked up. "In what way?"
"Remember the sorceror Malus, the one who'd kidnapped my wizard preceptor?"
Gawain nodded.
"He's back. I need to recruit Sims to fight him."
Gawain courteously bowed. "I am at your service, my lady."



Gawain carried the queen the rest of the way toward the castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment